Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hello Dear Readers...

Thanks for all your comments! We love you all and miss your presences here with us.

My heart is both heavy and hopeful tonight. My dear childhood friends, Jon and Laura have been at the children's hospital in Boston waiting with their 22 mo.-old daughter for a new heart. Lindsay has had two open heart surgeries in the past month and for the moment is being kept alive on a machine called ECMO. I'm not sure what all of that means, but Andy and I have been able to visit them twice in the last few weeks, and we've both been stunned by their beautiful peace and courage in the midst of an incredibly difficult time. God's grace is truly sufficient.

Tomorrow Lindsay faces yet another surgery. The doctor will be installing a "Berlin Heart" in her tiny body. Andy and I are hoping with Jon and Laura this surgery will be a very good temporary fix while Lindsay awaits a real, new heart. Still the surgery is incredibly risky.

Would you join us in praying at 1:00 Friday afternoon for the doctors in Boston and Lindsay Alice Groen? You can catch up on her progress by clicking on the Lindsay link over there on the right side.

Thank you so much!
Much love this Thursday evening... Shannon

5 comments:

Ariel said...

Yes-- we will totally be praying with you all. It is great that you have been able to visit and support them.

swirlingeddy said...

ECMO = extracorporeal membrane oxygenator - machine to oxygenate the blood outside the body.

Will pray at noon (central) today -

Naomi said...

Andy and Shannon,
We are SO sad to hear about Lindsay. I read your post at 2pm on Friday (3pm your time) and immediatly began to pray for little Lindsay. Then I clicked on the Lindsay link and read that she is with God now. I cried and cried. Jared cried with me. From a parent's perspective, we cannot imagine the courage and stregth it would take to get through this. Her parents sound like amazing people, relying on their Savior to carry them through. Lindsay looks like a beautiful little girl and we are deeply saddened, and touched by her story. Just wanted you to know we are mourning her precious little life with you.

Shandy said...

Thank you all for joining with us to pray. Shannon and I are sad about what happened but there is still hope. Read some of the comments on Lindsay's blog. They are filled with tears and joy.

Our God, the God of picking-up-the-pieces-of-brokeness puts things back together better than they were to begin with.

Shannon is going up to the funeral tonight to be with Jon and Laura and her sister. Please pray that the memorial service would be yet one more opportunity to celebrate a life touched by brokeness that has been wonderfully and sweetly put back together again!

Cara said...

Hey guys--boredom at work brought me to your blog through Naomi's. I started praying for little Lindsey and then after clicking on her website realized that she is celebrating "perfectness" with God in heaven. I am so sorry for the loss of your friends, that you are now mourning, too. We will continue to pray for the family, and that the 2 of you will be a huge Godly support for them..... Our hearts are heavy.

Take care, and always let the Son shine.....